Family Portraits · National Ballet of Norway
The Musée d'Orsay is opening its doors to the National Ballet of Norway for two evenings of Nordic dance. The dancers will perform excerpts from ballets created and directed by Marit Moum Aune, based on Henrik Ibsen's Hedda Gabler and Ghosts. Their interpretation of these scenes from a Norwegian past, mingling pain and tenderness, will be accompanied by the trumpet of Nils Petter Molvær.
Produced during the same era, Munch's and Ibsen's works are rooted in Norway's independence from Denmark in 1814. By evoking themes that are still contemporary to us, they have greatly contributed to the shaping of the Norwegian identity in Europe. Although the two never worked together, both Hedda Gabler and Ghosts seem to have inspired Munch's painting.
- With the National Ballet of Norway
- Staging: Marit Moum Aune
- Music: Nils Petter Molvær
Your ticket entitles you to visit the exhibition “Edvard Munch. A Poem of Life, Love and Death” before the performance:
- from 7:00pm, if attending the 8:00pm performance;
- from 8:30pm, if attending the 9:30pm performance.
- Tuesday 22 November 8.00pm, 9.30pm Nef du musée d'Orsay
- Wednesday 23 November 8.00pm, 9.30pm Nef du musée d'Orsay