Spiritual Concert Choir · Hervé Niquet, Director
Janmot in Music
To accompany the exhibition “Louis Janmot, The Poem of the Soul”, Hervé Niquet has developed a program of rare works from the repertoire of 19th-century French sacred music.
True to the work that has won him so many awards (including Recording of the Year 2018, Gramophone Award 2019 and Liliane Bettencourt Prize for Choral Singing 2020), Hervé Niquet is set on showcasing some lesser-known pieces of French music. A program with contemplative and meditative properties, giving the floor to the Spiritual Concert’s excellent Choir for the first time in the Ensemble’s history, accompanied here only by an organ.
- Spiritual Concert Choir;
- François Saint-Yves, positive organ;
- Hervé Niquet, Director.
- Léo Delibes, Ave Maris Stella;
- Camille Saint-Saëns
- Mass for 4 solo voices, chorus, orchestra and organ - Creed, Op. 4;
- Offertoire pour la Toussaint en Fa majeur;
- Charles Gounod
- Mass for Voices ;
- Les sept paroles du Christ sur la croix (The seven words of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross);